Friday, July 15, 2011

Daring Cooks- Homemade Noodles- Challenge #6

Steph from Stephfood was our Daring Cooks‟ July hostess. Steph challenged us to make homemade noodles without the help of a motorized pasta machine. She provided us with recipes for Spätzle and Fresh Egg Pasta as well as a few delicious sauces to pair our noodles with!

I was excited to see this challenge, because a good friend had recently introduced me to Chinese hand-shaven noodles at a restaurant in Seattle's International District.  Initially, my goal was to attempt to make these at home. Then life got in the way, so I decided to attempt those at another time and decided to make German Spätzle.

It is a recipe I definitely will put in my rotation of things to make. It was quick and easy and quite tasty.  It made a great light dinner for me one night.  I mixed in thyme, oregano, basil, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. It was quite tasty.  Below is a picture of the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment